Monday, July 6, 2009

Being a father figure

Well, my most recent adventure is a long term adventure. If you know me then you know I like animals (Except for cats) and it's probably no surprise that I'm a dog guy. As a little background my family has always had dogs from Rottweilers to Chows we've had our share, but there's one breed that's always had a special place in my heart: Boxers. You see when I was little my family had a Boxer named Rocky and he was perhaps the best dog ever. No matter how much I bugged him or tried to get him to eat dirt he wouldn't mind. Unfortunately he passed on and so ever since I've always wanted another Boxer (Though I know I'll never replace him.) And so on April 3rd I made the trek to Sparks, Georgia to take a look at a litter of Boxer puppies. When we got there as soon as we got out of the car there was a herd of puppies running straight for us. After an hour and a half of playing with all the puppies, watching them, and talking to the breeder I finally made my choice. He's currently staying back home with my parents until I move to my new apartment so he's probably being spoiled rotten as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment