Monday, August 10, 2009

The best hamburger I've ever eaten...

This story, as with many stories today, begins in the magical realm of eBay. As many of you know I like to make things, especially things that I can eat or drink. Those that know that also know that I am a big fan of eating things that at some point in their lives were animals (I may be a carnivore). And so one day while on eBay I stumbled across a meat grinder and knew that it must be mine. And so a week and $8 later I had in my possession a cast-iron meat grinder.
That Saturday I made the fateful trip to a local butcher shop and choose my meats carefully. 1.35lbs of bacon and a 3.5lb chuck roast. These would soon be fused together to make an incredible burger. And so mere hours later I pulled what turned out to be the best hamburgers I've ever had the pleasure of consuming off of the grill. Paired with a nice Belgian White beer and some homemade red potato fries and it could have been one of the best meals I've prepared in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment